This is the book included in The AAPOS Vision Screening Kit. This book assists anyone who screens vision, including school nurses, Lions Club members, and medical personnel working in pediatrics and family medicine.
- Spiral-bound, multi-sided, distance visual acuity eye charts in full threshold and critical line formats that can be hung on a wall or held in the hands for 10-ft. screening.
- Sloan Letters for when children know random letters
- LEA SYMBOLS® for preschoolers and for children who do not yet know random letters.
- Full-Chart Threshold and Single Critical Line formats
- Threshold screening involves beginning at the top of an eye chart and moving down the chart until the child or adult misses 3 of 5 optotypes.
- Critical line screening uses only the line on which the child or adult should correctly identify 3 of 5 optotypes according to age.
- Children ages 3 years should correctly identify 3 of 5 optotypes on the 20/50 line.
- Children aged 4 years should correctly identify 3 of 5 optotypes on the 20/40 line.
- Children aged 5 years and older, and adults, should correctly identify 3 of 5 optotypes on the 20/32 line.